Call us at+372 6 112 734
We recommend mounting summer tyres when the temperature is +7 ºC around-the-clock!
Use of studded tyres is permitted until 31 March. In exceptional cases it is permitted until 30 April.
From +10 ºC up the properties of winter tyres become significantly worse:
- The braking distance increases (on dry roads ca 10%, on humid and wet roads ca 25%).
- The vehicle cornering stability and handling properties decrease (the speed of entering the evasive manoeuvre is dangerously higher).
- Fuel consumption increases (by estimate ca 10–15%).
- Tyre noise increases (winter tread resonates on warm asphalt).
Before mounting existing summer tyres, check their condition.
Worn-out tyres are a risk to your own and your passengers’ safety.
We recommend considering buying new summer tyres when the tread depth is less than 4 mm.
It is highly recommended to buy new summer tyres for your car when the tread depth is 3 mm or less.
The tyre tread depth should be measured from the side as well as on the centre areas of the tread. The tyre wear must be even.
Uneven tyre wear can be caused by wrong tyre pressure or incorrect toe-in adjustment of the front and rear axle.
If you are not sure about the safety of your tyres or the selection of new tyres, ask from our experts at rehvid.com – we will be happy to help you!
When driving on worn-out summer tyres:
- The risk of aquaplaning increases considerably.
- The braking distance increases significantly.
- The tyre noise increases.
Look for the election of summer tyres by brands at rehvid.com below.
Or click on the link and proceed directly to the selection of summer tyres!